Thursday, May 23, 2013

14 Weeks Pregnant

I am now 14 weeks pregnant and I'm hoping that things are starting to look up. My Birthday was last Thursday, May 16th, and I was able to eat pizza and chocolate cake. It was wonderful to stomach these foods again! I'm still getting a little nausea in the morning or when I get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, but it's getting better everyday.


I thought I would share about how I found out I was pregnant. On New Year's Day, Louis and I went out to the Kirkland waterfront to watch the fireworks. While we are there, we talked about things that we would like to do this year. Going hiking to many state parks, more pet expos, Bark in the Park like years before, and maybe starting a family. We talked more about it in the following days and decided whatever happened, it was meant to be. We didn't really think about it much in the next few months, but that was about to change.

March 15th came and I just had a feeling that I was pregnant. I went out to the store, on my way home from work, and bought a pack of pregnancy tests. I took both tests the next morning. Both turned out positive.





I was excited and kind of shocked at the same time. I almost didn't believe it! I went out and bought 2 more packs of 2 different brands. I took them the following week and they all had the same result. I think that's how many it took for the news to sink in.





It was so hard to keep the secret until I was 13 weeks, but we did it!

No comments: