Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Only One Nap A Day

Most babies that are Zachary's age take about 2, maybe 3, naps a day. Let me tell you how wonderful that would be! I could actually get things done in peace and quiet, without a screaming child. I would love for that to happen, but this kid won't allow it. Zachary has always, from the time he was born, fought his sleep. He just turned 8 months old yesterday and is only allowed one nap. You might be saying "Why?", so I will explain. If Zachary even gets 2 naps in a day, he will not fall asleep until 1-2 AM. I'm the one that has to stay up with him because Louis has to work early in the morning.

There are some downsides to only getting one nap. He is cranky when he gets tired, but you can't let him sleep. Even a 15 minute power nap can keep him up for 3-4 hours. Also, he usually gets super tired at dinner time and will fall asleep sometimes.




But, he's awake, and smiling, as soon as I take the picture.


No comments: