Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peaceful Day

It's been a rough couple of days. Lots of tears and some laughter too. Everything that happened Tuesday couldn't have gone any better. Even though Lilly's regular doctor wasn't there. Here is how things went that day.

I got up very early that day because I couldn't really sleep that much. I mean, do you blame me? I was preparing myself for what was to come later on in the day. I was able to get some last minute pictures done and get her ready.

At 10 AM we got to the vet office where we were taken to on of the exam rooms. It was fixed up so nicely with a dim light and blanket covering the exam table. It also helped that there were 2 boxes of tissues too.


I told her that she didn't need to be afraid. She was going to be in a better place.


First she was sedated. It took full effect in about 15 minutes. During that time I was able to hold her in my arms and give her one last hug. I didn't want to let go.


The vet took her out of the room to do the euthanasia because they had to put the needle directly into the heart. It's easier that way. She took her last breath at 10:35 AM. The vet came into the room again with Lilly wrapped in a towel in a box. She looked so peaceful.


I decided to bring her home so Ginger and Oscar could say goodbye. I also wanted to bury her in my garden.


I felt bad for Oscar because he took it hard. He didn't want to leave her side. In fact, he was protecting her little body.


He watched me as I dug her grave and made sure I filled it in all the way. Then he did something strange. He went and laid on the grave for about 5 minutes.


Once she was buried Oscar went back to being his normal self. I really think he needed that time to say goodbye. That's why I love him.

I am going to miss Lilly so much but I know that she is waiting for me on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Until then, she will get to spend her time playing and having fun without anymore pain. I also know that Heavenly Father will take good care of my baby girl for me. I can feel her around me, watching over me.

No comments: