Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had such a great time today with family. I got to a little bit of a late start today, but that's okay because it's a holiday and I'm allowed to do that. When I did get out of bed, I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I look forward to it every year. During this time I got a call from my mom and she told me that my sister Shelly was going to have Thanksgiving dinner at 2 PM. This is the first time I was hearing about it and I knew that I wouldn't be ready by that time.

Louis called about 11:45 to wish me a Happy Thanksgiving. He is so sweet! We talked for about an hour before I had to get myself going. I took a shower and then put my Tofurky in the oven to cook. It took a little more than an hour and by the time the roast was done, it was almost 3 PM. Luckily I had already called the family and told them to go ahead and eat without me. I would come when I could. I ate some of my roasted Tofurky and then headed off to my sister's house to enjoy being with the family.

When I got there, the dinner was being cleaned up and three people were sleeping. I played a game with my niece and nephew. Then several of my family played Disney Apples to Apples. It was so much fun and we all had a great time. Finally the xbox kinect was brought out and half of the family took turns playing games on it. Again, we all had a great time and I got lots of pictures. I've never played with the kinect before so it was something new to me, but it was so much fun and it made me want to get one for myself! That won't happen for a while, but I can still dream.

I will post more pictures tomorrow but I will post one of me and my niece Gwyneth playing kinect.


The only thing that could have made this day better would have been being with Louis. I love him and miss him. The good news is that I will get to see him tomorrow and Saturday. I can't wait!

No comments: