Wednesday, August 20, 2014

8 Month Update



I can't believe it's already been 8 months!  I love my little guy to death and can't imagine my life without him.  Here are some things he's doing.

Right now he is wearing 12-18 month clothes and 12-24 month socks.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that he's a long, skinny boy with big feet.  He fits into all his clothes length wise, but they are really baggy on him.


Zachary has been crawling for about two weeks.  He started with the army crawl and has upgraded to the hands & knees crawl.  It should come to no surprise that his motivation to crawl came in the form of a dog bone.  The dogs weren't chewing on it and I think it might have been calling him to it.  There has been no stopping him since.  This also means that I am not safe anywhere in our apartment anymore.  He will follow me everywhere, which wouldn't be so bad if he didn't scream and cry as soon as he got to me.





He loves playing with spoons, bowls, and other utensils, but doesn't usually like eating what's in them.  Yep, that's right, he's in a picky eating stage.  He would eat cheese and bananas all day if I would let him.  He hates fruits unless they are mashed, but will eat his veggies cut into chunks.  He used to eat egg just fine, but not so much now.  We take away his food when he doesn't want to eat because he WILL feed it to the dogs.



Speaking of dogs, this boy loves them!  If there is one thing that wants everyday, it's Oscar and Sadie.  Oscar is doing so much better with Zach and has accepted that he's here to stay.  Those two are like brothers.  Zachary will follow Oscar around and lay his head on him when he gets tired.  Oscar doesn't mind at all and actually loves the attention.  There is nothing that warms my heart more than seeing my boy with his dogs.




And lastly, his favorite toy has to be his Fisher Price Seahorse.  We got it for him when he was about a month old and put it next to him whenever he went to sleep.  As he has grown, so has his love for the seahorse.  We always take it in the car with us and he smiles every time he sees it.  He wraps his arms around it and it's the cutest thing ever!  Zachary woke up with a fever this past Monday and the only things he wanted all day were his seahorse and pacifier.  I took these pictures that day.



Stay tuned for next months updates!

No comments: