Friday, August 8, 2014

Our Evening Walks

We've had a little bit of a hot streak the last few weeks, with just a few days where is was raining, so it's often too hot to go for our family walks during the day.  We wait until about 7 pm because it's cool enough that Oscar is not going to over heat while playing ball.  First we get the stroller out of the trunk of my car and then put Zach in it.  He hates being reclined in the stroller unless he's really tired.



There is an Elementary School about 10 minutes from our apartment and it has a huge field in the back where we use the Chuckit to throw tennis balls for Oscar.  This is Oscar's favorite time of the day.





I look at Oscar when he's playing and he doesn't act like he's 9 years old, but I can see it when I look at his face.  It's so white now!



I've noticed that he's starting to get that dry cracked nose that a lot of old dogs get.


More than once, Oscar lost the ball and either Louis or I had to help him find it.  I don't think his eyes are as good as they used to be.


The tennis ball in the Chuckit gets the attention of both Oscar and Zachary.  I guess it's just really fascinating!  Sadie's the kind of dog that could really care less about it.



Can you believe the pant he's wearing in the photo are size 9 months and too short?!


I also want to add that this kid LOVES to watch his fur brother Oscar playing with his ball.  If he could do one thing all day, it would be to watch the dogs.



No comments: