Wednesday, October 26, 2011

School is on hold

This one is tough to write but people would find out sooner or later.

I was supposed to start school at the beginning of this week, October 24th, but I have put it on hold for the time being. It wasn't the easiest thing to do but I know it's the best thing for me right now.

Within the last month there have been so many changes in my life that I need to get things back in order before going to school or else I am going to be so focused on everything going on that I won't be able to focus on learning and studying. I will explain:

First, my hip has been acting up again. I'm sad to say this because I really bummed about it. After talking with the orthopedic surgeon I learned that it is most likely scar tissue that has built up. He suggested that I go to physical therapy and massage therapy. How was I going to fit that into my schedule along with school and work?

Another thing that came up was the problems with my teeth. I wasn't expecting my wisdom teeth to need to come out. Now I am having a consult with an orthodontist about getting braces. How would I be able to fit that into my schedule along with everything else?

Then, there is the issue about my job. I mean, I really like my boss, but I wasn't expecting her to not keep her word and not give me the hours I need to be able to stay with her. I mean, is it so hard to give me at least 15 hours a week? I have given her five weeks now and she has not held up her end of the bargain. That's just one more stress in my life that I don't need right now, so I am looking for a new job that can give me more hours so I can get enough money to save for school and pay for bills at the same time.

That being said- Pima Medical Institute is going to contact me in the spring to see how I am doing and to see if I am ready to come back then. If not, I will just wait until I am ready. It has to be the right time for me and I need to be ready for it. I just have to keep thinking that everything happens for a reason. I may not know what that is right now, but I know that God already has a plan for me. Before I made this decision, I prayed and my mother also prayed for me, that I would get the answer I needed. I know that I got my answer.

I am also thankful that I have so many family and friends that are so supportive of me. I will be okay and I will stay strong.

No comments: