Monday, April 11, 2011

Hiking Tiger Mountain

Louis and I did end up hiking Tiger Mountain after all. It didn't rain until Saturday night so we were pretty much in the clear all morning. I called him up in the morning around 8:30 to let him know that I was ready to go- don't worry, I talked with him the night before to confirm everything. I asked him if would mind if Oscar came with us and he said it would be fine so he came too. Louis picked me up and we were off. It took about 45 minutes for us to get to Issaquah and by the time we did get there, we were so ready to get going.

The hike was great but we didn't get to the summit as planned because there was too much snow on top. We were kind of bummed but it gives us something to look forward to in the summer. We already talked about it and are thinking maybe June? Anyway the scenery was absolutely beautiful and we saw birds, a squirrel, and a newt. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go again in a few months! After we dropped Oscar back at the house we went to the Cold Stone Creamery in Woodinville and had some really good cake batter ice cream. I had mine with chocolate chips, a kit kat, and M&Ms mixed in. It was so yummy! After we finished he took me back home and I was so tired. I went to bed early that night and slept like a rock! Yesterday at church Louis told me that he took a long nap when he got home. It's a good thing we didn't do anything else that day!

Here are some pics from the hike.
This is the little newt we saw. Can you believe I almost stepped on him! I didn't see him at first and then I had to hop over it to avoid killing him. I would have felt horrible!
Some of the snow that started appearing as we went up.
A little bird I caught a picture of. He was hiding in the tall grass.
Oscar walking alongside us.
Just one of the waterfalls we saw. Oscar kept trying to walk in the water but I had to stop him because the water was way too cold for him.
More of the hills on our was up.
The swamp/marsh that is at the base of the trail.
A robin we saw in a tree.
On the side of the mountain where there is a clear line where the snow ends. I think the sun may have melted it a little.
The little squirrel we saw. It was so cute! I think it may have been a young one.
This is about the point where we turned around because it was getting too hard to walk on the snow anymore.
I think Oscar thought the tire tracks were made just for him.

No comments: