Thursday, April 21, 2011

I found WHAT in the Garden?

Yesterday I was out working in the garden pulling up weeds. Since I plan on planting on Saturday, the whole area needs to be cleared out. I was moving some wood out of the space(I didn't put it there my father did) and I lifted up a large wood board. I expected to find lots of bugs, slugs/snails, worms etc. under it, but I was shocked at what I found. Here is is:
That's right-it's a bird nest! I am really happy and excited, but at the same time a little sad. Now I will only be able to work in half the garden and I will have to wait to do the other half until the baby birds are out of the nest. I can't wait to see them grow again. I say again because this happened once two years ago but is was in front of the house not on the side. I will post daily updates once they hatch!

No comments: