Saturday, April 16, 2011

Not much sleep last night.

First, I have to say that last night was great even thought it did not go completely as planned. I was planning on having Louis over for a dinner with my family so he could meet them and see how crazy we all are. Well, My mom didn't get home until about 6 pm which was okay because I had enough time to make dinner. My brother Dan and his girlfriend couldn't come because they have a group thing on Friday nights. My father didn't get home until really late last night(like 11 ish) so basically is was just the three of us and our dogs.

I was going to make Chinese Hash for dinner but decided to do my mom's homemade macaroni and cheese instead. I have had a really rough week and I wanted to make a simple dish that wouldn't take too much time. It was really good and I showed Louis how to make it too. He brought dessert this time and it was fudge. It was so good and I probably ate more than I should have, but it was so good (yes, I did repeat myself because it was that good)!

After dinner and fudge we started setting up for the Easter Egg coloring. I bought two different kits the other day and I was interested in seeing how the eggs would turn out. Let's just say it was a process of trial and error. We ended up with some interesting color combinations but we had so much fun. I kept 6 and Louis took the other six.

Then came the games. First we played the Disney Edition of Scene It. It was a lot of fun or maybe I'm just saying that because I won. No, it was totally fun! Next came several rounds of a game called Pass The Pigs. My brother and his wife introduced this game to our family several years ago and we got hooked on it. I won twice, Louis won twice, and my mom won once. We then went on to Yahtzee which is one of the best games of all times. We played two games of that which I believe my mom won both times, but it was all in good fun. We wanted to play Apples to Apples, but there just were not enough people to play (that's partly why I was sad that my father had to work).

In closing: It was a lot of fun. Even though I didn't get to bed until about 2 am and I had to get up for work at 6:30. Woohoo...4.5 hours of sleep! I thought I would be really tired but I'm not. When I get home I think I am just going to want to sleep. I was hoping to pick up some vegetable plants on my way home from work but I think I may have to do it another day. I just don't think I can make it.

More to come soon!

No comments: