Monday, January 16, 2012

I Was Wrong About The Snow

Sometimes I am wrong. I am not a weather person and so I can't predict what the clouds will bring. On Saturday I judged a little too early I guess because right after I published the post it started to snow. Isn't that what always happens?

Anyway, Louis and I were going to get together Saturday afternoon because he had something to do in the morning in the Woodinville/Bothell area where he works. Shortly after the snow began to fall I went out into my parent's living room to let my father know that I might not be getting together with Louis that day. My sister Angeligue was at the house (which kind of surprised me) because she was going to take my dad out to eat lunch and then see a movie for his birthday. She wanted to see if the snow would stop, but after a half hour of the white stuff sticking to the ground Angelique, my dad, and myself decided that they better not go. We wanted to be sure my sister would get home okay.

Honestly, I was really hoping that it would stop after 10 minutes *at least until Saturday night* because I really wanted to see Louis and we were going to go see The Muppets before heading to his house to work on a few songs together. I knew I could get to Woodinville and his house, but I wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like on my way home because the temp was supposed to drop and I didn't want to get stuck trying to get home. So, sadly, we made the tough decision to skip our weekly Saturday togetherness. It's not the choice we wanted to make, but for our own safety, it was best to be safe than sorry. Even though it's the only time we get to see each other in the week, we still talk on the phone everyday- so I guess that will have to do for right now.

I did however feel comfortable in driving to the library and to the Redmond Bank (it's the only bank around here that is open until 6pm on Saturdays). It's, for the most part, mainly flat with no large hills. I went to the library first because it ws the closest to my house. The drive there was snowy but fun. It wasn't dumping snow when I got there but it was coming down hard when I left. Here are some pictures before I left for Redmond.




This was Redmond: About 3 miles away




It was night and day. I felt like I had entered the Twilight Zone for about an hour and a half before coming back to the real world of snow. The snow just feels like home.

My next post will be about Yesterday's walk and more snow!

No comments: