Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow this weekend?

Those who live in Washington know that when a weatherman says it's going to snow, it usually means that it's not. This winter hasn't been, well, wintery. I LOVE SNOW and most people who know me will say the same thing. Since it doesn't snow here that often, I take all the snow I can get.

The snow storm doesn't even sound that bad. I think they used the term "light snow showers" to describe it. So, I find it very funny when people here in the Pacific Northwest hear this and instantly think that the world is going to end. Case in point: When I was out at the store getting something for my father's birthday yesterday, it was super busy. Both PCC (where I got his cupcake) and Safeway (where I got candles and a few other things) had very long lines at the checkout. The cashier was saying that they had been super busy that day because of the "storm" that is coming. I would hardly call a shower a storm, but everyone think differently about it.

What I want at least once this winter season? An actually snow storm- a blizzard would be nice (yeah right). I love looking at the snow, going outside when it's snowing, and I really LOVE driving in it (which really freaks my parents out). The thrill of driving slowly on snowy roads while you have the heat on and the wipers going is so fun. I love having 4WD and it makes snowy driving a whole lot easier. I don't know how many times it has saved my trip and gotten me where I needed to go. With this "storm" I don't think I will get to use it but we shall see.

Hopefully it will snow more than the weather people are saying. I really want it to!

No comments: