Monday, January 16, 2012

Snow: Part 2

Yesterday I woke up around 9:30 in the morning and looked outside in hopes that it had snowed during the night. Not that I didn't want to go to church or anything, it's just that I wanted snow more. I was disappointed when there was nothing new; not even a dusting. I happened to look out the window 10 minutes later and the snow was coming down....HARD. It's amazing what just a few minutes can bring. It was so beautiful; I just wanted to keep watching it fall down to the earth.

Louis and I had already decided that we were not going to go to church because the roads were too snowy for us to want to drive in. We did, however, get to talk with each other for about half the day. It was so nice to hear his voice on the other end! It really made my day.

The dogs were so excited to go outside to play. They could hardly wait.


Once they were outside, nothing could stop them from having the time of their life!





A view of the front yard. I am also sad to say that this will be the last winter for the maple tree in the second picture. It is getting cut down in a few weeks because it is getting to close to the water line. I am going to miss how beautiful that tree gets in the winter.





My dad and I went for a walk with the dogs after lunch. I put wax on their paws to protect the pads of their feet against the snow. If it's good enough for sled dogs, it's good enough for my dogs. They had so much fun!



Sadie looking cute and paw prints in the snow



The streets were so icy. There were hardly any cars at all.



Some pictures of me and the dogs




This one is for you Louis!


I tried to get Sadie to look at the camera but she was having none of it.


She only looked when she was good and ready for it.


Towards the end of our walk some of the neighbors started doing fireworks. Sadie hates fireworks, so she was FREAKING OUT! I had to hold her tightly in my arms to try to calm her down.


Me and my pups


Puppy kisses!


More pictures to come tomorrow. We are expecting much more snow over the next 48 hours. YAY!

No comments: