Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Part 1

Christmas was great this year for more than one reason. First, and most important, I had Louis in my life this year. I really believe that Love finds you when you need it most. January of last year I felt like I was going nowhere in my life. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a living, my last grandparent had recently passed away, and I was constantly butting heads with my mother. It seemed like the only time I was happy was when I went to church. That's not a bad thing- but I wanted there to be more to my life than just church to make me happy.

Then, like the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, Louis came to save the day. My life was like a rainbow. It seemed like it went on forever but at the same time, not really going anywhere. That is until I met Louis at the end of my rainbow.

There are so many things that have happened in the past year that I don't think I would have gotten through, not easily anyway, without him there to make me feel better. Having my wisdom teeth taken out, having to put Lilly to sleep, telling my boss from my full time job that I couldn't work for her anymore because she was a jerk, or even just having someone to talk to when I happen to have an argument with my mother. I can not thank him enough.

Back to Christmas. Christmas Eve was so much fun. Louis came over in the morning and we went out to get a few last minute things for Christmas morning and also some stocking stuffers for my dad. We got back to the house around 3 pm and my sister Angelique was at the house. My sister Lily, her husband Magnus, and Joel were there too. After eating a taco salad, I got to hang out with the family before the games were brought out. First, we all played Disney Apples to Apples. If you have never played that game with more than 8 people- you don't know funny! We had so much fun until my parent's dog Bradley came into the room with chocolate on his face. As most people know, chocolate is very toxic to dogs. We found out that the source was Joel's fudge. It was in a container, but Bradley broke into it and we were not sure how much he had eaten. I went into my bathroom to get my bottle of hydrogen peroxide because my parents didn't have any. We used this to make Bradley throw up the fudge and avoid a trip to the emergency vet. It worked and out came about a cup of fudge. This is how sad he was in the bathtub.


Once that problem was fixed, the games continued. We played for a while longer before we got to open some presents.


I was so happy when I opened my present from Angelique.




This was my Christmas tree before all the presents were gone.


That's a lot for one post. So I think I'm going to do this in two parts.

No comments: